Start your homebuying journey today with easier qualifying, lower down payments, and lower mortgage insurance than conventional loans.APPLY NOW
Benefits of an FHA Loan from Topside FCU
What You Need to Know About Your FHA Loan
Because they're insured by the Federal Housing Administration, FHA loans offer the chance for more people to buy a home through easier qualifying.
- The FHA is part of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- You need to meet income and credit criteria but these may be more flexible than other home loans.
- You get the same competitive APR through the life of your loan.
- Loan terms are 15 or 30 years to suit your budget and goals.
- Down payments start at 3% with no private mortgage insurance (PMI) needed.
- Upfront mortgage insurance and monthly insurance premiums can be rolled into your loan and cost less than PMI.
- You can apply online to get your FHA loan through Topside FCU.
- Your FHA loan will be expertly serviced by our partners at Credit Union Mortgage Association (CUMA).
Apply today to get one step closer to your dreams of homeownership!Apply Now
“Have been banking with Topside since we got married in 1966, my husband before that. Always been pleased with the kindness we received, not to mention always there when we needed a loan. We have used Topside for car, mortgage, credit card debt. Extra cash for home repairs, you name it we have always depended on Topside for all our financial needs. THANKS, a Colonial Beach customer!”
H. and J. Stine
Our FHA Loans Come With These Built-In Features
We offer competitive fixed rates so your payments remain steady through the life of your loan.
Save on the hassle and cost of a refinance – change your rate with a click if market rates drop.
Use our home financing calculators to easily crunch your numbers.
Make payments and access your Topside accounts with free Online and Mobile Banking.
Just gather all your details and documents, hit apply, and sign documents electronically.
Tools to Assist Your FHA Loan Application:
FHA Loan FAQs
- How is an FHA loan different from other types of home loans?
- What rate will I get for my FHA loan?
- Can I ever lower the rate on a fixed-rate FHA loan?
- Who services Topside loans?
- How can I make mortgage payments?
- Can I calculate my mortgage rate ahead of time?
- When does a shorter loan term make sense?
- How long does the application and approval process take?
- I want to buy a home, but I want to wait until I can get the best rates I can. How can I know when rates are right where I want them?
- What if I haven’t picked out a house yet? Should I still apply?
- Why is Topside able to offer competitive rates?
- Does Topside offer any additional resources to help borrowers understand the mortgage process?
- What is the difference between APR and an interest rate?
- What is the difference between pre-qualification and pre-approval?
- How much will my monthly payment be?
- How can I find out how much house I can afford?
- What sort of financial documents will I need when applying for a mortgage?
- Why is it smart to get pre-approved for a mortgage?
- How can I apply for a home loan?
- What loan terms are available?
- What might be included in my closing costs?
- What does it mean to lock in my rate?
More Convenient Home Loan and Home Equity Options
If you're an eligible U.S. Veteran or active duty service member, a VA loan offers low rates with generous terms and no down payment so you can enjoy living in your own home.Learn More
Adjustable-Rate Mortgage (ARM) Loans
ARMs offer a lower initial rate so your payment is lower at first, too. Later, your rate adjusts with the markets. Ideal if you'll sell soon or want a great rate now.Learn More
Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit
Pay for renovations, weddings, college, debt consolidation, and anything else you want through a low-interest lump sum loan or a revolving line of credit.Learn More
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate.