Jumbo Mortgage Loans
Jumbo Mortgage Loans
With all the same great features as our fixed-rate mortgages, a jumbo loan is the answer if you're looking to borrow more than $765,600.APPLY NOW
Features of a Topside FCU Jumbo Mortgage Loan
Jumbo Mortgage Loan Key Details
It's called a jumbo loan because it offers the chance to borrow more than the conforming amount set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA).
- Choose a jumbo loan if you want to borrow more than $647,200.
- You get the same competitive APR through the life of your loan.
- Loan terms are 10, 15, 20, or 30 years to suit your budget.
- Down payments start at 10% with no private mortgage insurance (PMI) needed.
- You need good credit and higher income levels to qualify.
- Easily apply online and use free automatic transfer from your Topside accounts.
Your jumbo loan will be expertly serviced by our partners at Credit Union Mortgage Association (CUMA).Apply Now
“Have been banking with Topside since we got married in 1966, my husband before that. Always been pleased with the kindness we received, not to mention always there when we needed a loan. We have used Topside for our car, mortgage, & credit card debt. Extra cash for home repairs, you name it! We have always depended on Topside for all our financial needs. Thanks, from a Colonial Beach customer!”
H. and J. Stine
Take Advantage of These Benefits With Your Jumbo Loan
Use our Loan Consultant feature to find out what home loan rate you might get for your jumbo mortgage loan.
If market rates drop, you can potentially change your rate without the hassle and expense of a refinance.
Use our range of calculators to explore how much home you can afford and estimated payments.
Make payments and access your Topside accounts with free Online and Mobile Banking.
Applying is easy and you can even sign documents electronically to save time.
Tools to Use When Applying for a Jumbo Mortgage Loan:
Jumbo Mortgage Loan FAQs
- What rate will I get?
- Can I ever lower the rate on a fixed-rate jumbo loan mortgage?
- Who services Topside loans?
- How can I make mortgage payments?
- Can I calculate my mortgage rate ahead of time?
- When does a shorter loan term make sense?
- How long does the application and approval process take?
- I want to buy a home, but I want to wait until I can get the best rates I can. How can I know when rates are right where I want them?
- What if I haven’t picked out a house yet? Should I still apply?
- Why is Topside able to offer competitive rates?
- Does Topside offer any additional resources to help borrowers understand the mortgage process?
- What is the difference between APR and an interest rate?
- What is the difference between pre-qualification and pre-approval?
- How much will my monthly payment be?
- How can I find out how much house I can afford?
- What sort of financial documents will I need when applying for a mortgage?
- Why is it smart to get pre-approved for a mortgage?
- How does a mortgage refinance work?
- When would someone want to refinance?
- How can I apply for a home loan?
- What loan terms are available?
- What might be included in my closing costs?
- What does it mean to lock in my rate?
- What is private mortgage insurance (PMI)?
- Can I cancel mortgage insurance at any point?
- What are mortgage points?
Explore More Topside Home Loan Options
If you're an eligible U.S. Veteran or active duty service member, a VA loan offers low rates with generous terms and no down payment so you can enjoy living in your own home.Learn More
Enjoy easier qualifying, a low down payment, and lower mortgage insurance than conventional loans. First-time and repeat home buyers may be eligible.Learn More
Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit
Pay for renovations, weddings, college, debt consolidation, and anything else you want through a low-interest lump sum loan or a revolving line of credit.Learn More